Friday, October 26, 2007

Districts with excess funding

I would like to draw attention to a recent article in the St. Louis Post Dispatch. This article discusses the surplus balance in Kirkwood school district. I read that article and was astounded! So many school districts are involved in a case suing the school for more money, and then there are districts, including many involved in the case, that have surpluses. There was another article recently about Columbia having excess money as well. How can districts use the taxpayers' money to sue the state for more money when they have money just floating around?

This should be a red flag to everyone living in a district that is still involved with the case. I don't really appreciate having higher property taxes, all so the money can be used to pay to sue our own state and I know I am not alone.

We need to urge our districts to pull out, and start using the money to educate our children!

No comments: